Technical Coordinator - #862591
S Guest Consultancy Services Ltd
Date: 2 weeks ago
Salary: £45,000 - £53,000 / year
Contract type: Full time
Work schedule: Full day
Our client are a well respected regional developer based in the Birmingham area and they are currently in the market for a Technical Coordinator
- Provide technical support to the land/development team to assist during feasibility studies.
- Identify the need for external consultants (Planning, Architect, Engineers, etc.) agree fees, the scope of service, capability, timescales and deliverability. Formally appoint such consultants.
- Produce a detailed design programme which identifies key dates and a critical path.
- Ensure all design information produced is issued to the relevant internal and external departments in accordance with, and on schedule with the programme.
- Oversee and control planning applications to the Local Authority and deal with any other local committees, parish councils, etc.
- Interact with statutory bodies, Local Authorities and external Consultants with regards to the satisfactory discharge of Planning Conditions within an agreed time frame..
- Interact with internal departments, consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary in order to achieve Building Regulations and warranty approvals and satisfactory conditions discharge.
- Co-ordinate Transfer Plans, Management Plans for Estate Sales Packs, liaising with Solicitors and Sales Department.
- Co-ordinate all legal aspects in relation to various agreements, Section 38, 104, 278 etc and to arrange bonds, guarantees, warranties and insurance as called for.
- Apply for and attain any stopping up/abandonment of existing site infrastructure (highways and drainage).
- Apply for and attain new site postal addresses.
- Chair on site monthly Project Meetings to resolve technical issues\requirements promptly.
- Chair and lead regular design team meetings with the professional team.
- The role requires a strong technical knowledge base and strong negotiating skills.
- Candidates from a technical design background, either architectural or civil engineering would be preferred.
- Candidates from a project management/QS background would also be considered.
- Knowledge of the house building industry, preferably gained with a high-volume house builder. An understanding/user of AutoCAD is desirable but not essential