Product Strategist - #862545
Department of Work & Pensions
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Are you a skilled product professional, with a passion for sustainability?
- Could you support the UK's biggest government department on our journey to Net Zero?
- Can you help us identify new opportunities to meet our emission targets?
We are looking for a Product Strategist to join DWP's growing Digital Sustainability team.
Our digital teams continue to build a complex network of systems and infrastructures, that are the foundations of the improved, modern services we're providing to millions of users.
The work you'll do will help us identify actionable initiatives which reduce emissions and minimise impacts on service quality.
DWP is committed to delivering Sustainability and Net Zero Carbon improvements across its Digital operation. We're leading on making the reductions in co2 emissions to support Greening Government and hit associated emission targets.
The scale of what we do is extraordinary, and our purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Developing World-Class Products.
DWP have a wide sphere of influence in environmental sustainability, through our policies and operational remit, and through the products and services our digital teams deliver.
As our Product Strategist you'll help us meet the needs of those who use and are influenced by our services. And you'll help us hit Government sustainability targets and build sustainability into all our work.
You will identify and develop initiatives led by the Digital Sustainability team across DWP Digital.
You will be responsible for strategic and tactical decisions, using your knowledge of how our services currently work to frame problems and set priorities for the wider organisation.
You will also be actively involved in developing and managing the Digital Sustainability roadmap.
What skills, knowledge and experience are essential for this role? We'll assess these when we look at your application.
- Experience of working across multiple functions and departments, with the ability to work with various stakeholders to communicate visions and gain buy-in
- Experience of developing product strategy by understanding risks and future drivers
- Can influence stakeholders and build long term strategic relationships which are managed effectively
- Can make effective decisions based on incomplete information using a range of techniques
- Experience of having conducted analysis of complex issues and presented findings to colleagues
- Skilled in supporting the development of a product roadmap, receiving and acting upon challenge from stakeholders
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in your choice of our digital hubs in Birmingham, Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield, whichever is more suitable for you.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly. We work a hybrid model with a mix of home working and time in the office.
In return for your skills, we offer a competitive pay of up to £63,517.
You'll be eligible for a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over £14,000 per year.
You'll get a generous leave package starting at 26 days and rising to 31. Plus, all the usual bank holidays, and the option to take extra days off on flexi leave.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off for volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
Stage 1: Application
Stage 2: Interview
We know how valuable your time is. We have a clear and succinct hiring process with only TWO STAGES.
Click 'Apply' for more information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.