Senior IT Implementation Specialist - #862415
Chapman Tate Associates
New for November 2023
Job Role: Senior Implementation Engineer (3rd - Line) - £60,000
Location: West Midlands based - Flexible working
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £60,000 + car allowance + on-call + excellent benefits
Key areas: MSP, 3rd-Line, 4th-Line, Hyper-V, SAN, Veeam, Windows Server, Clustering, Dell, HP, Aruba, all-round Engineer, Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Managed Services, varied role, AWS, SAN, Storage, Dell/EMC, Netapp, IBM, Backup, Data Protection, HP, HPE, WINTEL, VCAP, Azure AD
Chapman Tate Associates are working alongside and established IT Solutions Provider of Hybrid Cloud Services, Data Centre Centric and Digital Transformation Services, that seek a Senior Implementation Engineer at this exciting time.
This is a varied role that will include a range of support to a varied clientele where you will resolve issues with problems to customer’s IT Infrastructure.
The role will include 3rd-line around the following:
- Involvement in ensuring the successful operation of clients’ critical IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis.
- Identifying areas where technology can improve their business performance and carrying out the associated technical implementations
- Working with clients alongside their IT team while being supported by technical experts.
- Providing technical escalation for our own service desk while dealing with critical systems within an industrial environment.
My client is ideally looking for someone that has experience of working for a MSP (Managed Service Provider), VAR (Value Added Reseller) or some form of IT Consultancy.
The role will be field and office based. A flexible working approach will be applied.
Technically you will have experience around the following:
- VMware / Hyper-V and similar virtualisation technologies
- Hardware systems support experience within a Data Centre environment
- Routing and Switching experience - Layer 3 Networking exposure
- Windows Server based systems including DNS, DHCP, IIS, NPS, RDS, DFS, Hyper-V
- Active Directory with multiple forests and forests with multiple domains
- SAN and Clustering technologies (Dell/EMC and HP SANs)
- Backup experience with a Vendor such as Veeam or Veritas
- Azure migration and implementation
My client are a dynamic business that invest in their people. They service a range of customers across the UK, EMEA, APAC and Americas regions (though you must be commutable to and from Rubery Birmingham).
You will be at VCP/VCAP level. Any industry related Certification around VMware, Microsoft or Cisco will be highly advantageous to your application.
My client will offer the successful candidate excellent career and personal development prospects.
Excellent opportunity to be part of major industry player, recognised Worldwide with the opportunity to gain some exposure to some cutting edge environment around the Compute, Network and Data Protection/Storage Environments.