Injection Moulding Toolmaker - Nights - #861938
MDE Consultants Ltd
Injection Moulding Toolmaker - Nights
up to £38k
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 21:00 to 07:00 (4off 10 hours shifts)
MDE are currently looking for an experienced time served Injection Mould Toolmaker to join a busy mould shop in Sutton Coldfield. This is a diverse and challenging role working on tools ranging in sizes primarily serving the automotive industry.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the on time & accurate delivery of tools to meet tooling programmes safely and efficiently carrying out manufacture preparation, assembly, fitting, and repair of both new and existing tools.
Core duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- The manufacture, maintenance and repair/refurbish of plastic mould tools to a high-quality standard.
- Fault finding, tool approval and modification of new and existing tooling.
- Attending machine/tooling breakdowns to identify the root cause and solve the problem. Working on your own initiative to ensure cell targets for delivery, quality and efficiency are met.
- Work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations, department procedures and company policy.
- Maintain and update relevant documentation.
- Handle lifting equipment.
- Monitor and maintain high standards of housekeeping.
- Undertake Training if required.
Experience / Requirements:
The ideal candidate will be time served and have proven experience as a Toolmaker, ideally within the plastic injection mould industry.
- Proficient in the use of machinery such as lathes, drills, grinding, milling, spark eroding etc.
- Experience using Cad/Cam based software
- Ability to interpret requirements & communicate with the management team.
- Use of precision measurement instruments such as micrometres, gauges and vernier callipers.
- Experience working with multi core and cavity tooling.
- Ability to work independently as well as contributing to team and companywide strategy.
- Good bench hand skills
- Confident with detailed drawings
Please note that all applicants muct be located and have the right to work in the UK.