Vocational Projects Officer (Full-time and Part-time) - #861781
Fastnet Group are recruiting for 1 full-time Vocational Projects Officer (36.5 hours) and 1 part-time (16 hours) Vocational Projects Officer based in East Birmingham.
Under the direction of the Service Manager – Employment, Skills and Community Development, the Vocational Projects Officers will effectively deliver Employability courses to disabled people and those with long term health conditions in Birmingham and Solihull.
The Positive Pathways course is an innovative, life-changing programme helping unemployed disabled people and those with long-term health conditions overcome barriers to employment.
This role will include delivering information on a wide range of issues to groups of beneficiaries as well as working with them on a one-to-one basis with the objective of enabling them to achieve their full potential.
- To deliver the components of the Journey To Work course in accordance with funder’s requirements.
- To target the recruitment of eligible clients in the Birmingham and Solihull area.
- To carry out teaching and learning activities required to progress clients to further learning and/or work.
- To provide 1 to 1 support beneficiaries to achieve client assessment, action planning, milestones and target setting.
- To facilitate Job Club opportunities for the target client group.
- Develop links with further learning providers in order to establish pathways for clients into enhanced learning that will support both entry into and retention in employment.
- Develop direct links with employers and employer agencies to access job opportunities, traineeships and apprenticeships for the beneficiaries.
- To create client files that evidence entry information, learning progress, achievement (inc. certificates, letters of appointment) and exit information.
- To support clients to access a range of services and activities to promote social engagement and improved health of wellbeing, delivered both within and outside of the company relevant to their individual needs.
- To recruit, train and support volunteers to help deliver the Journey To Work courses including assistance with service delivery; provision of peer support and the co-ordination of social, health and wellbeing activities.
- To assist those clients who are ready in job search; to provide intensive job support when required, to arrange work/learning tasters and volunteer/work experience placements and to refer clients on as appropriate for further support or to training or development opportunities.
- To provide post-employment support to those clients who have gained employment.
- To ensure that the company's informational resources are accurate, up-to-date and meet the needs of clients.
- To actively participate in the marketing and publicity of the company and it’s services including organising displays, events and exhibitions.
- To collate client information and statistics and produce reports and returns by the set deadlines for the Employment & Training Service Manager, Chief Executive and funders. This should include evaluation data and measurements of the short and long term impact of the project.
- To undertake outreach work at various community based locations to promote the service, provide locality-based support to clients and to maximise referrals
- Candidates must hold a NVQ L3 or equivalent qualification in advice and guidance and/or a relevant level 3 teacher/training qualification.
- Track record of supporting clients into education, training and employment (including work placements and volunteer opportunities)
- Delivery of programme to time, target and budget
- Experience of partnership working
Hours: 36.5 hours or 16 hours (pro rated)
Location: In person, Birmingham
Contract: Fixed Term up to 31st December 2023, potential for longer term employment