Operations Engineer - #600234
Timely Recruit Ltd
Role: Operations Engineer (Gas or Electricity)
Location: Remote working
Salary and Package: £35 000 - £47 000 + Company Car + Discretionary Bonus + Pension + Standby Rate
Timely Recruit is recruiting Operations Engineer with Gas or Electricity experience. Our client is looking to expand the team with a permanent full-time Operations Engineers (Gas or Electric or Multi Utility).
The safety, performance and standards of the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the gas and electricity distribution networks (Multi Utility Distribution experience) is of paramount importance in this industry hence the need for the Operations Engineer/ Site Supervisor. Our client is looking to employ Gas/ Electricity or MU experience - Operations Engineers who have experience in new connections or distribution networks.
Please APPLY NOW
The Operations Engineer (Gas OR Electricity) is responsible for the management of all Electricity and Gas asset related matters within his or her remit, ensuring compliance with safety, operational and maintenance of the Gas and Electricity distribution networks.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing support to give assurance that all company, industry and national requirements are understood by all UIPs/ICPs, Contractors and Service Providers and any non-conformity are managed.
- Provide assurance that assets being designed, installed, tested and commissioned are fit for business purpose, complying with Industry/Regulatory and Legislative Standards and requirements.
- Ensuring that service provider, Electricity and Gas Health and Safety requirements are suitable, sufficient and implemented.
- Participating in reviews and updates of the current operational procedures and technical requirements.
- Provide effective monitoring, operational support and guidance to ensure that asset to be adopted are constructed safely, efficiently and cost effectively.
- Carry out technical and safety audit/inspections pre and post construction for all assets, including suppliers.
- Managing satisfactory resolution of Non-Conformities (NCR’s) that are raised during audit and inspection
- Providing data, information and reports through audit, inspection and review to enable Asset Management System objectives to be met.
- Participate in Safety Technical and Competency (STC) reviews of new and existing UIPs/ICPs, Contractors and other service providers.
- Manage customer complaints to satisfactory resolution.
Attributes and Experience
You must possess:
- Formal Engineering qualification to City & Guilds level required.
- Several years knowledge and experience of working in gas/electricity distribution networks including:
- operation and maintenance,
- Contractor/sub-Contractor Management
- Knowledge of the selection and procurement of materials used in the construction of gas and electricity distribution networks.
- Knowledge of the relevant industry standards, regulations, specifications and legislative requirements.
- Ideally hold a H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH managing safety.
- Assist with UIP
- SCO compliance
- An innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Electricity and Gas Distribution networks - Multi Utility Distribution Connections.
- SCO Authorised.
- CSCS registered.
- Experience as a Site Operations Engineer Or Site Supervisor
- Knowledge of the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA)
- Knowledge of Wayleave, Easement and Land Transfer requirements.
- Enthusiastic, a relationship builder, always keen to help attitude!!
If you meet these requirements and are interested to discuss the role, Please APPLY NOW!