OLEC 2 - #561468
To assist the team to accurately install and maintain OLEMI, UK1 and Series 2 Overhead Line Equipment. Liaising with the Supervisor and working under the instruction of the experienced OLEC 3s ensuring standards are met and work carried out safely. Ensuring all works are compliant as per Network Rail standards, confirming accurate design tolerances to the required standard in a challenging environment. Ensuring consistent and accurate standard of work is delivered in a timely manner.
What will this role involve?
- Working under the instruction of the OLEC 3’s and supervisors
- Endeavour to achieve high levels of safety, performance, attendance, and behavioural standards
- To ensure that high standards of housekeeping is maintained within working environment
- Maintain regular and appropriate dialogue and contact with the Supervisor in order to fully understand the Electrification projects aspirations and objectives
- To liaise with team and client members as necessary to ensure the efficient running of the project
- Promote and develop positive working relationships within internal staff and Network Rail
- Participate in improvements in Safety, Health and Environmental Management in line with the objectives set by the Construction Manager
- Participate in monthly safety briefings with all staff
- Carry out regular safety checks and inspections as directed and close call reporting
SPECIFIC SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in periodic team safety meetings
- Ensure that adequate and site access and welfare facilities are provided for all work activities and used correctly
- Ensure that accident / incident reporting are undertaken in a timely manner
- Ensure that close calls are raised keeping safety at the forefront of everyday working
- Ensure that all plant and equipment are ‘in date’ for the allocated task
- Co-ordinate site lay-out with due regard for site security
What are we looking for?
- OLEC 2
- OTP core
- Must be able to drive
- Flexibility with rostering and working shift pattens
- Be able to work well under pressure for extended periods of time
- Must hold PTS
- Must hold OLEC 1 and 2
- Must have a railway background
- Must have a willingness to learn and develop
- Must have a “can do” attitude
- Understanding of Railway Operating Environment
- Experience of operating different types of on track plant preferably MEWP’s
- Knowledge of Overhead Line Electrification systems
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 14,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
Our rewards make us feel valued here at Amey. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Retail Discounts.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Please contact our recruitment team at [email protected] to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process