Highways Safety Inspector - #561464
We’re looking for a Highways Safety Inspector to join our Highways team based in Birmingham. Within this role, you can enjoy a competitive annual holiday entitlement with opportunities to buy/sell leave, a fantastic, matched pension scheme, share in the success you help to create by investing in Kier through our Sharesave and Share Incentive Plans and even more.
Location: Birmingham with agile working available - remote working available, with occasional travel to the office required.
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Salary: £21k-£23k + 26 days of annual leave + Pension + Benefits
As a Highways Safety Inspector, you’ll be responsible for carrying out the routine inspections of Birmingham City Centre to ensure they are completed within timely manner and responding to customer enquiries.
Your day to day will include:
- Liaising with inspectors and engineering staff to ensure large works are identified, planned, and programmed to meet the need of local communities
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with the BIDS, public, local elected members, Parish Councils and other parties
- Carrying out small scale work clearing blocked grating, cleaning, and repairing signs, cutting back vegetation, removal of illegal attachments
Who are we looking for?
This role of Highways Safety Inspector is great for you if:
- Have a good knowledge of local area and to be able to work under pressure and make informed decisions
- Literacy and Computer skills in order to keep accurate records
- Good communicator with a desire to work with local communities to restore pride in their local highway network
We’re all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferable skills are always welcome! So even if you don’t tick every box, please apply and we can have a chat. We want to hear from candidates from all backgrounds and experiences, and we especially encourage those from underrepresented communities to get in touch with us.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please get in touch at [email protected] to discuss and arrange these.
Benefits at Kier
We’re proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our favourites include:
- New and enhanced family friendly policies, including eight weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave, menopause guidance and more
- A huge range of deals and discounts at many your favourite brands
- 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your family
- Kier’s Green Car Scheme
And so much more! You can read the full details of all of our benefits on our website: kier.co.uk/careers/rewards-benefits
Who is Kier?
We’re made up of six business units, Group Functions, Construction, Highways, Infrastructure, Utilities and Property, and as a group, our purpose is to sustainably deliver construction and infrastructure services which are vital to the UK. Take a look at our sustainability objectives: kier.co.uk/sustainability/
At the core of all our projects is technical excellence, utilising the latest building methods and innovations to ensure we offer the best value to our clients as sustainably as possible.
Our projects are those that support the local communities we work in, helping them thrive and progress. We are collaborative, trusted and focussed in all that we do, and our people are essential in helping us achieve our goals.
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We’re proud of the steps we’ve taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier’s diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives, and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies and initiatives.
You can see more about our D&I action plan here: kier.co.uk/media/6668/di-roadmap-2021.pdf
Closing date: 8th December 2022
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.