Fire Response Officer - #510576
OCS Group UK Ltd
As a Fire and Incident Response Officer you will be responsible for delivering site safety and responding to emergency incidents. This includes reducing the potential for injury, loss of life, property, and/or destruction of property by conducting visual inspections and area checks. (e.g., fire & incident response, floods, spillages, first aid, lift entrapments and other related incident response).
You may be first on the scene, so we are looking for a clear headed, unflappable, buoyant individual to join our team and help create a safe environment for every visitor and exhibitor who comes to any of the NEC Group venues.
Our client, The NEC Group, has five renowned entertainment venues, the NEC, The Vox, Resorts World Arena, Utilita?Arena Birmingham & The ICC. Many of the venues have been re-launched and rebranded recently to notable acclaim.
The Arenas host events over 210 days a year and welcomes 700,000 to 1million visitors to each venue, ranging from world-famous musicians like: Justin Bieber, Take That, The Who, & Championship sporting events like World Darts, World Athletics, Crufts and many more - No two days are the same.
Our teams support the NEC Group during event build-ups, live show days, breakdowns and much more ensuring a smooth and safe operation of all services.
- Carry out security/safety patrol checks along with daily fire system checks in line with the prescribed standards of current legislation
- Respond to incidents as deployed by the SOC in accordance with operational Instructions and the campus Incident and Emergency Plan
- Provide specialist fire knowledge and act as onsite liaison for any attending emergency services where required
- Identify risks and hazards and report immediately in line with procedures
- Ensure compliance with Fire and Safety regulations applicable to the Venue
- To ensure that all required documentation is promptly and accurately submitted. This includes: ensuring all tests are documented and recorded & all incident and/or investigation reports are submitted
- Ensure that all interactions with our customers create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and contribute to a positive experience
- To work collaboratively and build relationships with all NEC teams and suppliers in the achievement of a seamless and excellent end to end customer experience
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with West Midlands Fire Service
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- Full UK driving licence
- SIA Door Supervisors license & First aid qualification is desirable (we will provide training)
- Trained in the use of Fire Extinguishers and first response equipment is beneficial
- Experience in exhibition and event security industry is advantageous
- Calm in a crisis
- Self-motivated & adaptable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused with good social skills
- Thorough and meticulous
What will you get in return?
- A pension scheme- to save for the future - eligibility rules apply
- Access to high street discounts
- Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme 'OCS Stars'- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated 'Impact' Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Wellbeing Support
Why join OCS Group Ltd?
OCS prides itself as a company with strong family values and we are passionate about hiring people who demonstrate the same.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS. If you share these Values, we want you to be part of our team.
OCS have a well-respected brand and our colleagues are empowered to be the best version of themselves. We offer job stability and are committed to developing our colleagues by offering more than just a job. We are a financially stable business who continues to be privately owned since its inception in 1900.
We reward those who demonstrate our values and since the launch of our OCS Star recognition scheme we have rewarded nearly 1,500 colleagues with monetary vouchers, certificates, and public recognition within the business.
We invest and support the growth of our people and are currently sponsoring over 310 colleagues who are enrolled in a variety of apprenticeship programmes, ranging from Level 3 qualifications in customer service to degree programmes in Leadership. If you want to develop you career, OCS is a great choice.
OCS offers the family feel of smaller organisations although large enough to offer so many opportunities. We recognise your efforts and contribution and show our appreciation through a variety of reward schemes which in turn results in our colleagues staying with OCS. Our business is the family you can choose, and our people stay for the friendships, opportunities, and career fulfilment we offer.