Band 4 Application Support Officer - #482919
University Hospitals Birmingham
The IT Service Centre provides single point of contact and liaison for all internal and external IM&T Incidents, Requests and enquiries.
As a member of the team IT Service Centre team, reporting to the Application Support Team Leader, the post holder will provide a responsive, customer focussed service, providing extensive 1st and 2nd Level IT Support to Trust users and stakeholders as directed.
Primary focus of the role will be maintaining customer satisfaction and experience both personally and across the wider team via affective "first line Incident management and Request Fulfilment, within agreed service level agreements and targets. The post holder will provide second line support to all users of NCRS systems and all other nominated core patient or other non-clinical applications.
Working under own initiative post holder will provide initial assessment, support and triage of routine Telephony / Portal Raised incidents and requests, with a view to facilitating timely resolution and / or escalation assignment within agreed service levels and targets
This role is a permanent role primarily based at the Yardley Court, Five Ways, Birmingham with some homeworking.
Main duties, tasks & skills required
Providing extensive 1st and 2nd Level IT Support to Trust users and stakeholders as directed. Working under own initiative post holder will provide initial assessment, support and triage of routine Telephony / Portal Raised incidents and requests, with a view to facilitating timely resolution and / or escalation assignment within agreed service levels and targets.
Experience surrounding NHS applications needed.
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
- Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can;
- Offering our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. We do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters so that we can manage individual and environmental risks, and so that we can support those who may be undecided about vaccination. If you are unvaccinated there is helpful advice and information at https://birminghamandsolihullcovidvaccine.nhs.uk where you can also find out more about how to access vaccination.
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*
- CompTIA A+ and N+ certification or an IT related relevant Diploma or equivalent industry qualification or experience. (E)
- A Level / IT related NVQ Level 3 or similar accredited vocational work-related IT qualification (D)
- Advanced ECDL or equivalent knowledge. (D)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate or equivalent (D)
- Relevant experience gained working within an IT Service Desk /Centre Team or equivalent First Level/Application/Customer support function (E)
- Experience providing application support within an ICT environment (E)
- Extensive experience of working within defined Service Level Agreements & Service Level Targets (E)
- High level of understanding of ITIL processes and Service Management best practice framework (E)
- Enhanced understanding of ICT issues and its application within the NHS and / or similar user base environment (E)
- Full use of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word, and Excel. (E)
- Data Protection /Information Governance. (E)
- Understanding of Electronic Patient Record (EPR). (E)
- Enhanced level of Communication/people skills with the ability to utilise empathy and listening skills (E)
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences (E)
- Attention to detail, with ability to absorb and translate technical and non-technical information (E)
- Ability to accurately record and document information & facts (E)
- Able to accurately follow documented process and procedures quantify and balance competing tasks and requirements. (E)
- Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative (E)