Facility Support & Reception - #482918
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the opportunity
This position supports day-to-day operations of facilities services and activities within an office.
The facility support function consists of a variety of roles in support of daily operations and may include reception, mailroom, general facility operations, maintenance, or driver.
May perform some or all of the functions below, depending on role and level.
Reception / Front Desk
- Answer and appropriately direct incoming calls.
- Greet visitors; determine nature of business and direct to appropriate individual.
- Ensure completion of any visitor management tasks including review of Office Safety Induction Presentation.
- Maintain guest and visitor sign in/out; oversee the distribution and return of employee and visitor access badges.
- Assist in building or suite access control and the maintenance of a safe, healthy, and secure office.
- Maintain local contact lists, if appropriate.
- Maintain neat and organized front office area.
- Manage conference room use, reconcile conflicts, and post schedules (if appropriate).
- May assist with meeting setup, including procuring food and equipment.
- May perform other duties in support of the facility team or general office, as needed.
- Prepare and process incoming and outgoing mail (includes determining and affixing postage).
- Maintain records on outgoing registered mail and packages and reconcile charging errors as needed.
- Handle special requests for mail, package, shipping-freight services.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation related to the handling and shipping of materials.
- May assist with mass mailings (generating distribution lists, labels, etc.).
- Respond to requests for facility maintenance or repair.
- Ensure completion of routine and required building or equipment service.
- Maintain equipment manuals and logs.
- Purchase and stock office supplies.
- Follow appropriate standard supply and related cost charging guidelines.
- Respond to internal requests for facilities service or repairs and contact property management or external providers as appropriate.
- Assist with tasks related to facility management and appearance.
- Assist with facility Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental tasks in line with Beyond Zero.
- Support Plan Beyond goals and tasks related to Office Sustainability.
- Create or order Jacobs’ identification badges, and provide building or suite access card management.
- Direct staff to corporate guidance on “best practices” for archiving, and coordinate box storage and retrieval.
- Upkeep of floor plans, phone lists, and other office information.
- May track office head counts or update other Facility related data as needed or requested.
- Assist in preparation of space and resources for new hires or transfers.
- In the event of an office remodel, reconfiguration, or move – provide support to Facilities project manager as requested.
- Assist or manage internal furniture moves, reconfigurations, or installations as needed.
- Serve as backup to Facility Lead on tasks related to local day-to-day operations. Cross train with Lead (or others as appropriate).
- Other support to Real Estate Operations as needed or requested.
- Facility Lead
- Office Employees
- Visitors and Guests
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Key Performance Indicators
- Responsibilities are taken care of properly and without significant issues: any issues that do arise are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Proven dependability and punctual attendance.
- Positive feedback from employees and visitors.
- Demonstrates ability to use resources appropriately.
- Ability to remain calm and provide guidance in an emergency situation to responders.
- Responsibilities may include some physical activity including some or all of the following: bending, stooping, walking, pushing, lifting (limits in line with HSE guidance and will be risk assessed), climbing stairs, sitting for long periods, and typing.
- May perform tasks that are custodial in nature, including those related to office and break room/kitchen maintenance.
- Role is office-based.
- May require occasional after-hours work during a facility project or emergency event.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.